Thursday, December 13, 2012

ViSalus inspiration

In October, I shared with you some of my favorite protein shake  breakfast options. Usually I like to have my protein shake in the mornings. I'll drink half before a run, and finish the other half for my post-workout snack on most days. Other days I might feel like having something a little heartier and go for a peanut butter and sliced bananas on whole-wheat toast- very satisfying!

Through Facebook I've been following the company ViSalus, which is the supplier of my protein powder. Every day they usually post a new recipe for their Vi-Shakes or something to motivate their readers to adopt a healthy lifestyle.

They've been coming up with some super delicious looking shakes and other protein treats, and I figured I would share some of my favorites with you! Hope you enjoy!

First up is the awesome Pumpkin Pie Shake I tried last month to get me in the Thanksgiving spirit:


Ingredients:
  • 2 scoops Vi-Shake mix
  • 8-10 oz almond milk
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 4 ice cubes
Directions:

Combine all ingredients except the ice cubes in the blender, and pour into favorite glass over ice.



The Apple Pie Vi-Shake was to die for! It tasted of sweet, cinnamon apples- and while drinking it, I pretended I was indulging in a scoop of my favorite vanilla bean ice cream :)


For all my fellow pineapple lovers, this one's for you! This shake tastes just like the real deal without overindulging in all the calories.

The next three treats will help you get into the Christmas spirit!



In the picture ^^ it's not as much a Christmas time shake, but can you really turn down this Frappuccino shake?

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
  • 8 oz almond milk
  • 2 scoops Vi-Shape protein powder
  • 2-1 oz shots of espresso or use 3/4 cup of double strength (strong) coffee and increase crushed ice amount by 1/4 cup
  • 2 tbsp Splenda
  • Use flavor coffee like caramel
Last, but certainly not least- my favorite December shake, Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino...


Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp sugar free peppermint syrup
  • 1 tbsp coffee (optional)
  • 8 oz almond milk
  • 2 scoops protein powder
  • 1 tbsp Ovaltine malt mix
  • 4-5 ice cubes

Happy Holidays!!



No comments:

Post a Comment