Benefits of raisins:
After doing a little research for adding something that could boost my energy level, I came across this helpful website dedicated to raisins. The natural sugars of raisins are a great source of energy, and they also contain potassium to help maintain proper blood pressure. Tartaric acid is found in raisins and benefits colon health. This acid works together with fiber to help maintain elimination for digestive health. Who knew raisins could be packed with so many health benefits!
Benefits of adding soy/whey protein:
If you're trying to decide if soy or whey protein is more efficient for you in your diet/exercise goals, first consider what you're trying to accomplish with your specific diet plan. If your goal is to bulk up and gain muscle, then try incorporating the right amount of whey protein according to your exercise levels. Soy protein is used more when your diet and exercise goal is to slim down and obtain leaner muscle. According to Top Form Nutrition Supplement, soy protein comes from soybeans, while whey protein comes from milk as a diluted by-product of the cheese making process.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2 whole ripe bananas, mashed until creamy
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup quick oatmeal, uncooked (I used maple and brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or whatever nut you desire)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed banana and Nutella until completely combined.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract; mix again until completely combined.
- Add in the oatmeal, pecans, and raisins to the banana mixture and combine. If you want the chocolate chips mixed in, now would be the time to do so.
- Let "dough" rest for 10 minutes
- Drop cookie dough by spoonfuls, and if you want the chocolate chips on top of the cookie, press them into the cookie now.
- Bake cookies for 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- After letting the cookies cool, serve and enjoy!