Tuesday, December 4, 2012

5 Reasons to Drink Water in the Mornings

Growing up, I always remember my mom would carry one of those 64 oz mini cooler kegs filled with water and would drink about 3 of them every day. Personally I drink a lot of water, but not nearly enough what I should be consuming. I'm one of those people that get bored with water occasionally, and sometimes I'll spruce up my water with fresh cucumbers, or other fresh fruit. You could also try adding a few squirts of Mio, a fruit flavor water enhancer.

I read once, it generally takes about 27 days to develop a habit. As it is with developing any other habit, it takes time, discipline and commitment to train yourself to drink enough water every day. So I've been thinking maybe by drinking water regularly in the mornings when I wake up may help build this habit. After reading a few articles I found drinking water can also lead to several health benefits as a result.

Here are 5 top advantages I came across of drinking water in the morning:

#5- Drinking water on an empty stomach purifies the colon making it easier to absorb nutrients.

#4- Increases the production of new blood and muscle cells.

#3- Helps with weight loss. Drinking at least 16 ounces of chilled water can boost your metabolism up to 24% in the morning.

#2- Glowing skin. Water helps to purge toxins from the blood which help keeps your skin glowing and clear.

#1- Balances your lymph system. These glands help you perform your daily functions, balance your body fluids, and fight infection.

You might be asking yourself, "how much water should I be drinking?" It's a simple question with no easy answer. The amount each person needs, varies for factors such as your health, how active you are and even where you live. You want to make sure you're drinking enough water, but at the same time drinking too much water may not be the best thing either.

According to the Mayo Clinic there is no single formula that fits everyone, but knowing more about your body will help you estimate how much water to drink daily. The Institute of Medicine suggests that the average, healthy male living in a temperate climate should take in roughly 3 liters or 13 cups, and for women about 2.2 liters or 9 cups.


People who are particularly active or live in hot climates may need more.A good rule of thumb is to drink enough water that you never feel particularly thirsty and your urine is colorless or nearly colorless.


No comments:

Post a Comment